Monday, January 28, 2013

Today's Crochet Project

Free Pattern - Penguin Hat


Made this for my oldest daughter who wanted something that was not too kiddie.  I found a great pattern on a blog from a great crocheter.  She always posts such cute patterns and such easy to follow instructions.  Bonus--they are FREE!  The pictures on the site are also really informative, they are not just pictures of the finished product.  I love the pictures that show exactly where to start and finish rows something I always questions, fantastic!

I added the bow and changed the pattern slightly, I added 3 extra stitches to the row and used sc.  I also sc around the entire bow then did a slip stitch around the bow to finish off.

Used vintage buttons from my Mom for the eyes.  They have a faceted front instead of holes to attach.  They are attached with regular thread and look so much more realistic, I really love these buttons!  I think I may start hitting the local second chance shops and yard sales for old button and clothes with buttons.  They add so much character to the final project over new buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment